SHOULD I TRY TO GO GLUTEN-FREE?
If you are allergic to gluten or have celiac disease, then you have your answer. But if you’re curious about a gluten-free lifestyle and just want to experiment to see how good you would feel without gluten – GO FOR IT.
Going gluten-free is not always easy, but if you start with some of your favorites and make some simple swaps then making the switch can be simple to go gluten-free with ease.
One of my go-to breakfast meals is my gluten-free Banana Flax Pancakes recipes, give it a try and let me know what you think!
BEST Gluten-Free Banana Flax Pancakes
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- Measure and pour all ingredients into a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- Coat a pan with coconut oil, Pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan. Wait until bubbles form before flipping the pancake with a spatula (about 3 minutes) If bubbles don't form then your pan isn't hot enough, gently turn up the heat. Flip the pancake and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve topped with sliced bananas, walnuts, and maple syrup.
Recent research and many doctors claim that there are multiple benefits to going gluten–free, including anti-inflammation, weight-loss, a decreased risk of heart disease, and more energy.
Experiment with cutting out gluten and even gluten-containing products, and see how you feel. You may be amazed at how fabulous, free, and ready to run a marathon you end up feeling! You will see excess bloat, weight, and brain fog go away.
Let me share one secret with you: Do a gluten experiment! Eliminate gluten-containing foods from your diet for the next few days, then pick one and reintroduce it. Notice how you feel, if you experience fatigue, belly bloating, puffy face, and/or lethargy after eating gluten, then just know that you may have a sensitivity and gluten may not work well for your unique body.